Sunday, March 23, 2008



The song is 'Without You' by Mariah Carey. After listening to 'Ken Lee' (and no doubt laughing at it), I thought of tuning in to the version sung by Mariah Carey and boy, was I stunned!

I mean, it's not like I am listening to this song, sung by her for the first time. I guess, I have sort of developed a new appreciation for music over time and you know, I might have probably heard this song through the radio or something, just that, I don't go and listen to it very carefully.

So I was checking out this video for the first time a few days ago and when I heard it, something like that went through my mind, 'How is it possible that there is anyone in this world that can actually sing so well?!' It's amazing! Her range is excellent (duh! You are talking about Mariah Carey lor..) and although the pitch is high, she actually sounds low and deep. Her 'scaling' up and down were fantastic. If you listen carefully, she is actually hitting actual notes and not just 'sliding' up and down. Refer to position 2:28 on the video to 'see' what I mean. It's an extremely difficult song to sing and to sing it like she did. She is like most of the time 'up at the stratosphere'. As if her singing isn't good enough, her showmanship is great. Really really nice. Ok, I am totally hooked onto this song. haha. :D Enjoy! :)

No comments: